The most engaging, interesting, relevant and dynamic first aid courses in Wiltshire, Bath and North East Somerset – GUARANTEED!
With extensive experience of working outdoors and with groups who need to be kept engaged we are able to offer First Aid programmes that are relevant, exciting and up-to-date. We incorporate lots of practical outdoor scenarios that help embed learning and keep participants on their toes!
We can deliver First Aid courses to school staff, youth groups, students, D of E groups and voluntary groups, delivered at your venue or based at Brokerswood Country Park (BA13 4EH).
Please note – there now is no such thing as a ‘HSE Approved First Aid Course’.
Our courses are accredited through Omni – Health Care and our Outdoor First Aid Courses are accredited through the Institute of Outdoor Learning (see below).
Some of the courses we offer:
Emergency First Aid at Work – 6 hour
– A nationally recognised first aid qualification
– Run on site at your premises or a local venue
– First aid handbook for each participant
– Continuous assessment throughout the course
– First Aid Certificate valid for 3 years
Course Overview – At the end of the course participants will be able to:
– Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
– Deal with an unconscious casualty
– Carry out resuscitation on an unconscious casualty
– Control bleeding and manage shock
– Be able to recognise and deal with a wide range of common injuries until the arrival of medical care
– Maintain first aid records
– Use and maintain first aid kits
Prices from £360 plus certificate charges for up to 12 people
EFAW plus F / Arb Specific First Aid Course
We are proud to deliver these courses for Sorbus International – based near Frome. Click here for details.
IOL Accredited Level 3 Outdoor First Aid – 16 hours – Including Paediatric First Aid
Dates of Next IOL – Outdoor First Aid Courses : (click on dates for info / form)
14-15 February– 8 spaces available
25-26 March-11 spaces available
25-26 April-12 spaces available
3-4 June– 12 spaces available
11-12 July– 12 spaces available
5-6 September– 12 spaces available
21-22 October– 12 spaces available
5-6 December– 11 spaces available
Looking for a way in to a career in the Outdoor Education / Adventure Industry? The Wiltshire Outdoor Learning Team is able to offer various paths / opportunities for you to gain the experience, skills and qualifications needed for you to progress. Please contact us for details
I had wanted to learn to climb for a while but wanted to make sure I learned safely and at a pace that would suit me. The Training provided by the WOLT was tailored to me and they took the time to find out my goals and provided me with encouragement and confidence to progress far more quickly than I ever imagined’. S. Taylor 2013
Interested in learning an Outdoor Adventure Sport or looking for some individual coaching? We are able to offer one to one instructor coaching across Wiltshire for between £100 – £150 per session (including all equipment provided).
- Rock climbing / gear placement / ropes and setting up
- Abseiling – setting up / running of
- Kayaking / canoeing – including rolling sessions
- Mountain biking
- Orienteering / map reading
- Power – kiting
Please contact us for more information.